- Supplemental Questions
REFERENCESWe require two online references with your application.
- Reference 1
- Reference 2
SECTION E: COMPLETE ONLY IF YOU ARE A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT
- E1.) Are you a current high school student who will be graduating in 2021?
- E2.) What is your current high school?
- E3.) City:
- E4) County
- E5.) Zip Code:
- E6.) Does your cumulative GPA accurately represent your academic ability? If you would like, please elaborate.
- E7.) If your school is not listed, what is the name of your high school?
SECTION F: COMPLETE ONLY IF YOU ARE ATTENDING A PARTNER UNIVERSITY OR COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- F1.) Are you currently enrolled as a full-time student at Partner University or Community College?
- F2.) What is your current institution?
- F3.) What is your student college/university e-mail address?
- F4.) How many total credit hours do you expect to earn by May 2021?
- F5.) In fall 2021, what is your anticipated class standing in college?
- F6.) What is your expected graduation date for your bachelor's degree?
- F7.) What high school did you attend?
- F8.) What year did you graduate from high school?
- F9.) If your high school is not listed, what is the name of your high school?
TRANSCRIPTSWe require a copy of official or unofficial transcripts.
- Are you submitting high school or college transcripts?
- Submit an electronic copy of your official/unofficial transcripts.
- What is your cumulative GPA?
SECTION G: Test Score OptionalStandardized test scores are optional and not required for acceptance to the Golden Apple Scholars Program. The review committee will closely review the strength of course selection, G.P.A., grade trending, personal statements and overall involvement for students wishing not to submit test scores. Home school students are required to submit test scores for application review.
- Are you submitting your ACT or SAT scores for consideration?
SECTION H: STANDARDIZED TESTSComplete if you want your test scores considered.
- H1.) Which exam have you taken, the ACT or SAT?
- H2.) ACT Composite Score
- H3.) SAT Total Score
- H5.) Are you planning on superscoring your ACT or SAT?
- Submit an electronic copy of your full ACT or SAT report
- If you have not yet taken the ACT or SAT or plan on retaking and would like your test scores considered, please indicate when you are registering for the exam.
SECTION I: Partner Institution Selection
- University Choice 1
- University Choice 2
- University Choice 3
SECTION J: Extracurricular Activities and Honors/Awards
- J1.) List all your activities, volunteer experiences, clubs, leadership positions, etc. State the name of the organization, your role, time spent and a brief description.
- J2.) List any honors or awards you have received and the year you were recognized.
SECTION K: Personal Statements
- K1.) Tell us about a teacher who has had a positive impact on your life. Describe the experience in as specific a way as possible. How has the experience influenced you as a future teacher? What do you expect to do and/or not do as a result of this experience.
- K2.) Golden Apple Scholars Program is a teacher preparation program. We focus on developing highly-effective teachers in schools-of-need. School-of-need is defined as 30% or more of the students receive free & reduced lunch, or 60% or fewer Approach, Meet, or Exceed academic state standards. What skills or experiences do you possess that will help you be a highly-effective teacher in a school-of-need? Provide specific examples of situations and your actions that provide evidence of your commitment and potential to becoming a highly-effective teacher in a school-of-need.
- K3.) Golden Apple focuses on core competencies throughout the Scholar journey. One important competency is Growth Mindset. Describe a situation in which you developed skills using a Growth Mindset.
- K4.) Teaching is complex, hard work. Provide some examples of times when you had to exert extra effort in pursuit of an ambitious goal. What was the situation and how did you persist?
- K5.) Golden Apple Scholars participate in a summer residential internship called Scholar Institute (SI). If selected as a Scholar, what do you expect to learn during the program that is in addition to your university experience? What support or professional development would you need in addition to your university preparation to be a highly-effective teacher in a school-of-need?
- K6.) What grade level do you want to teach?
- K7.) Briefly explain why you want to teach at that grade level.
- K8.) What is your first choice subject area in which you want to teach?
- K9.) What is your second choice subject area in which you want to teach?
- Please briefly explain why you want to teach in those content area(s).
- 1.) I agree that the information and statements that I supplied in this application are original and correct. With my electronic signature, I authorize Golden Apple Foundation to receive a copy of my transcripts and standardized test score. I acknowledge that my application will not be considered complete until all materials are complete and submitted. Golden Apple Foundation may request admissions decisions from partner universities. I understand that all submitted applications and supporting information are the property of the Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program and are confidential.
- 2.) I understand Golden Apple Scholars attend mandatory residential Scholar Institutes for four years while an undergrad.
- 3.) I understand Golden Apple Scholars commit to teach in a school-of-need in Illinois for five years after graduation.
- 4.) Applicant's Signature:
- 5.) Today's Date:
- Show 8 more