- Supplemental Questions
REFERENCESWe require the names and email addresses of two online references with your application
- Reference 1
- Reference 2
TRANSCRIPTSWe require a copy of official or unofficial transcripts.
- Are you submitting high school or college transcripts?
- Submit an electronic copy of your official/unofficial transcripts.
- What is your cumulative GPA?
SECTION H: Test Score OptionalStandardized test scores are optional and not required for acceptance to the Golden Apple Scholars Program. The review committee will closely review the strength of course selection, G.P.A., grade trending, personal statements and overall involvement for students wishing not to submit test scores. Home school students are required to submit test scores for application review.
- Are you submitting your ACT or SAT scores for consideration?
SECTION I: STANDARDIZED TESTSComplete if you want your test scores considered.
- a. Which exam have you taken, the ACT or SAT?
- b. ACT Composite Score
- c. SAT Total Score
- d. Are you planning on superscoring your ACT or SAT?
- Submit an electronic copy of your full ACT or SAT report
- If you have not yet taken the ACT or SAT or plan on retaking and would like your test scores considered, please indicate when you are registering for the exam.
SECTION J: Partner Institution SelectionIf selected as a Golden Apple Scholar you must attend one of the following partner institutions beginning fall 2022. Choices are non-binding.
- University Choice 1
- University Choice 2
- University Choice 3
SECTION K: Extracurricular Activities and Honors/Awards
- a. List all your activities, volunteer experiences, clubs, leadership positions, etc. State the name of the organization, your role, time spent and a brief description.
- b. List any honors or awards you have received and the year you were recognized.
SECTION L: Personal StatementsA minimum of 200 words per statement is suggested.
- a. Tell us about a teacher who has had a positive impact on your life. Describe the experience as specific as possible. How has the experience influenced you as a future teacher? What do you expect to do and/or not do as a result of this experience.
- b. Golden Apple Scholars Program is a teacher preparation program. We focus on developing highly-effective teachers in schools-of-need. School-of-need is defined as 30% or more of the students receive free & reduced lunch, or 60% or fewer Approach, Meet, or Exceed academic state standards. What skills or experiences do you possess that will help you be a highly-effective teacher in a school-of-need? Provide specific examples of situations and your actions that provide evidence of your commitment and potential to becoming a highly-effective teacher in a school-of-need.
- c. Golden Apple focuses on core competencies throughout the Scholar journey. One important competency is Growth Mindset. Describe a situation in which you developed skills using a Growth Mindset.
- d. Teaching is complex, hard work. Provide some examples of times when you had to exert extra effort in pursuit of an ambitious goal. What was the situation and how did you persist?
- e. Golden Apple Scholars participate in a required summer residential internship called Scholar Institute (SI). If selected as a Scholar, what do you expect to learn during the program that is in addition to your university experience? What support or professional development would you need in addition to your university preparation to be a highly-effective teacher in a school-of-need?
- f. What grade level do you want to teach?
- g. Briefly explain why you want to teach at that grade level.
- h. What is your first choice subject area in which you want to teach?
- i. What is your second choice subject area in which you want to teach?
- Please briefly explain why you want to teach in those content area(s).
- 1.) I agree that the information and statements that I supplied in this application are original and correct. With my electronic signature, I authorize Golden Apple Foundation to receive a copy of my transcripts and standardized test score. I acknowledge that my application will not be considered complete until all materials are complete and submitted. Golden Apple Foundation may request admissions decisions from partner universities. I understand that all submitted applications and supporting information are the property of the Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program and are confidential.
- 2.) I understand Golden Apple Scholars attend mandatory residential Scholar Institutes each summer beginning the summer you are inducted while an undergraduate student.
- 3.) I understand Golden Apple Scholars commit to teach in a school-of-need in Illinois for five years after graduation.
- 4.) Applicant's Signature:
- 5.) Today's Date:
- Show 4 more